We’re lucky to live in a time when so many different orthodontic treatments exist. It allows you to find the perfect option to match your needs. But that said, it can also make deciding more stressful because there are so many factors to consider with each treatment. Not to mention that each orthodontic treatment seems to come with an array of myths and misguided information. So we’ve decided to spend some time taking care of some of the most common Invisalign Myths.
Desoto Family Dental Care is proud to provide Invisalign treatment to those around Hernando, MS. With a focus on quality service and care, there’s no better place to pursue Invisalign. Come on into our Hernando dental office for a consultation with one of our doctors! Or you can keep reading to learn more about the common myths surrounding Invisalign.
5 Invisalign Myths
- Treatment with Invisalign takes longer than braces: While Invisalign might take longer to treat more complicated alignment issues, in general it can be just as efficient as braces in terms of the length of your treatment.
- Invisalign is much more expensive than braces: On average, Invisalign costs a little more than braces, but in the right hands your dentist can cut down costs if that’s a priority for you.
- Invisalign can’t treat more complicated alignment issues: This is simply not true. Invisalign is as capable as braces when it comes to treating more complex alignment issues. That said, Invisalign might take longer to treat these complications.
- Invisalign gives you a lisp: As the alignment trays are customized to fit your teeth perfectly, you’ll hardly notice a difference in the way you speak when you’re wearing them.
- You have more appointments with Invisalign: You have to change your aligner trays every two weeks. But that doesn’t mean you have to come into our office for each new set of trays. With some planning, you can receive several sets of trays at a time to minimize unnecessary time in the office.
Invisalign Treatment With Desoto Family Dental Care
Whether you meet with Dr. Seymour, Dr. Patrolli, or Dr. Trotter, you can rest assured knowing you’re in good hands. Our doctors will work with you to design a personalized treatment that will help you achieve a stunning smile. After an initial impression is taken of your teeth, you will begin wearing your aligner trays, substituting a new set of trays every two weeks. That way your teeth can shift steadily into their ideal alignment. And like we said above, you don’t have to come in every two weeks. We can have less frequent appoints to ensure that you’re on the right track, without having to spend unnecessary time in the office.
Ready For Invisalign With Desoto Family Dental Care?
If Invisalign sounds like a good fit for you, then schedule an appointment today! You can call us at 662-429-5239 to schedule a consultation or you can contact us here.